Welcome to SQL
Ditch Stackoverflow and get a comfortable grasp on the most important language in data and software engineering. Suitable for those who are brand new to SQL, or engineers who have managed to squeak by with a limited knowledge of SQL (most of us, probably). Define database table schemas, write moderately complex queries to SELECT/UPDATE/DELETE data, and perform actions like JOINs and aggregates.
What You'll Learn
- Defining tables from scratch with proper indexes and data types
- Internalize everyday queries to select or modify data
- Effectively designing tables to leverage foreign key relations
- Execute and fully understand JOINs
- Aggregate data to extract deeper meaning from SQL tables
For those who...
- Are new to SQL or relational databases
- Have mediocre knowledge of SQL and could benefit from filling the gaps
- Have PHDs in statistics but think they can get by without knowing SQL