Get comfortable with your MySQL lock-in by covering general topics related to running your own MySQL database. Learn to initialize a MySQL database and configure it to be externally accessible by other services. Explore options for cloud-hosted MySQL instances such as AWS RDS.
What You'll Learn
- Run self-hosted MySQL by installing and initializing on Ubuntu
- Configure a MySQL instance to be secure over a network
- The pros and cons of managed relational databases
- Useful Python code for interacting with data in MySQL
For those who...
- Have no choice but to use MySQL
- Would like to save money by managing their own MySQL database