Dive deep into Python's original MVC web application framework. Make your way past the arduous process of installing and setting up a live, working Django instance. Learn all the pieces needed to serve a meaningful web application such as routing, view creation, page templating, and serving frontend assets.
What You'll Learn
- Installing a self-hosted Django instance on Ubuntu
- Master Django's CLI to create and manage projects
- Networking and database configurations required to run Django
- Encapsulating large projects into Django "apps"
- Create a dynamic app with dynamic URL routing
- Serving static frontend assets
- How to write views to handle actionable user input
- The distinction of function-based views, class-based views, and model-driven views
For those who...
- Have a basic understanding of Python
- Write monolithic applications for enterprises
- Have yet to realize the superiority of Flask